Anyone seeking healthier, closer family relationships can benefit from family therapy.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Parenting a young adult
- Problems between siblings
- Tension due to blended family
- Unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy is necessary to address family issues and heal a family’s wounds. If any of the above scenarios resonate with your family, consider seeking family therapy.
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem solving through understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.
If you’re interested in learning about how I can help pull your family back together, contact me today for an appointment!